RetireMEDiQ is seeking a motivated Accounting Intern who will assist the accounting department in conducting routine tasks. The position is available on a part-time basis, with the possibility of transitioning into full time employment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Secures revenue by verifying and properly posting receipts, performing comprehensive audits, and resolving discrepancies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Download and archive commission statement payments using various methods
• Reconcile accounts receivable on a monthly basis
• Entry of accounts payable invoice data and associated documentation
• Maintain high level of departmental data integrity
• Properly categorize and record monies received
• Assist in managing commission income from carriers
• Assist with various financial and departmental reports
• Manage relationships with financial institutions and vendors as appropriate
• Identify client terminations through commission audits and work with client retention team to maintain an accurate book of business
• Maintain all accounts receivable processes; help establish additional processes as required
MINIMUM SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Finance or Accounting major
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish department goals
• Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and listening.
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, databases, the Internet, MS Word, etc.
• Professional demeanor, positive attitude and team player.
This position will be full time during the summer and then part time during school year working around class schedule.