Retirement is officially on the horizon – only six months away! At this point, it’s time to start taking some action steps toward this exciting life event.
Schedule a Pre-Retirement Counseling Session
With your transition to retirement getting closer and closer, now is the perfect time to talk with one of our experts about your situation and focus on the specific steps you need to take in order to be ready when retirement time comes.
At your pre-retirement session, your Benefit Advisor will want to learn about your unique situation. Based off of this information, your advisor will let you know all the things you need to do between now and retirement in order to have a smooth, stress-free transition.
Your advisor may ask about things like:
- Social Security: are you receiving these benefits now?
- Your spouse: do you have a dependent who relies on you for insurance? When you move to Medicare, you will need a plan for how they will receive insurance going forward. Your advisor can help you work through this process.
- Your Medicare enrollment: Will you be automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B? Or do you need to manually sign up? Your Benefit Advisor will help you understand, based on your situation, what you can expect and what you need to do.
- Other benefits: are you receiving other benefits that should be considered with your Medicare?
- Your health plan options: Based on all of the above, your advisor will begin thinking about which health plan options may be right for your situation. As you continue to progress closer to your retirement date, your advisor will research and analyze these options to identify which one is ideal for you.