Have You Authorized Anyone to Discuss Your Information with Us?

In some cases, RetireMEDiQ clients prefer that a spouse or family member talk to us or to their insurance company regarding their private health insurance information. You may grant your spouse or another family member permission to speak on your behalf as an authorized representative, even if you plan to handle your health insurance on your own.

Why Would I Want Someone to Be Authorized on My Account?
The most common reason to add an authorized representative is in the case of an emergency. For example, if you were hospitalized and a spouse or family member needed to contact us or your insurance plan, we would not have permission to discuss your information unless you have previously provided authorization.

It is Easy to Update Your Authorized Representative
All you have to do to add an authorized representative is to call us and give us their name and phone number. We can also assist you in authorizing this person with your insurance company because their records are separate from ours, they also need to have specific information on file for someone to speak about your personal health information.

If someone acts as your Power of Attorney (POA), they have a right to act on your behalf as well as discussing your personal information. It is important for us to have a copy of your POA paperwork on file. We can also help you in forwarding the POA paperwork to your insurance company for their records.

If you have questions or if we can assist you, please contact us at 1-877-222-1942 or client@retiremediq.com.

If you are not a RetireMEDiQ client yet and have questions about retirement or Medicare, please contact us at 1-866-600-5638 or advice@retiremediq.com to get started on your Medicare journey.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x