Are You Retirement Ready?
Retirement comes with a lot of planning, and your retirement health care is no exception. Start preparing for the transition from your current insurance to Medicare coverage with our step-by-step guides and planning resources.
Start Exploring Here
- What is your expected retirement date?
- When do you plan to take Social Security benefits
- How will retirement affect your Health Savings Account?
- What will health care cost in retirement?
- Who will help you with your retirement health care decisions?
- Attend a pre-retirement seminar or watch a webinar to make sure you have the most important information
- Begin learning the basics about your health plan options (Medicare or Marketplace plans)
- Outline your to-do list (or just keep this information)
- Schedule a pre-retirement counseling session with one of our licensed Benefit Advisors. During this session, your advisor will ask you about your unique situation, what your plans in retirement are, and many other factors that will determine your important next steps.
- Enroll in Medicare Part A and/or Part B.
- Receive a personal plan recommendation from your RetireMED®iQ Benefit Advisor.
- Sign up for the Medicare plan of your choice.
- What to expect when you retire
- How Medicare’s open enrollment works and what it means for you
- Things to know if you decide to go back to work after retiring